In this digitalized business world, it is the responsibility of an ICT Manager for the overall control of the ICT of an organization. It is not an easy task or one particular role. However, it is a culmination of all ICT related functions in one for the successful operation of the organization, coupled with its development. Hence it is one of the most coveted, responsible, and highly paid jobs. With the high salaries comes the complete control of the ICT of the company. Hence to perform various ICT roles as ICT manager is the critical capability for that post. Consequently, RPL for ICT Manager (135199) will be highly scrutinized by the ACS Australia for not only maintaining the Australian standards but also to set new standards in ICT innovations.
What is ICT Management?
Managing the existing ICT resources of the organization to its optimum level for its development is the core of ICT management. The funds may include computer hardware, software, data, data analytical tools, ICT staff, among others. Also, to recruit new staff and ICT requirements of hardware and software for the betterment of the operations is ICT management. The ICT Managers NEC with the ANZSCO code 135199 should possess the above necessary management skills for having a career in Australia.
Roles and Responsibilities of ICT Manager NEC of ANZSCO 135199
- To design and coordinate all activities related to ICT
- Responsible for the day to day activities of the ICT department
- Ensure the progress of projects by resolving any conflicts and correcting the weakness of the projects
- Establish backup resources, contingency plans and also setting the delays
- Periodic assessment of the outcomes by conducting system audits
- Overseeing the security of the ICT systems all the time
All the above skills, roles, and responsibilities have to be adequately portrayed in the two sections of the RPL to have a dream career in Australia.
Qualifications Required for ICT Managers NEC 135199
Since ICT Managers NEC with ANZSCO code 135199 has a lot of responsibilities and duties for an ICT professional, the following qualifications are mandatory for ICT manager NEC career in Australia.
An undergraduate ICT qualification is a must, and higher requirements are an added advantage for the ANZSCO 135199 code as per ACS specifications.
Aspiring ICT managers should possess a minimum of 5 years of professional experience as ICT managers. It will be enough to equalize the additional qualification as per the Australian academic standards in the ICT field. Out of the two project reports, one should be within three years of experience, and the other should be within five years and not later.
Even though the aspiring engineer is proficient in English, it is mandatory to have any one of the following certifications for English proficiency proof:
- IELTS certificate with a minimum score of 6 and 7 and above in speaking and an overall score of 7
- OET with a minimum B grade in all sectors
- TOEFL with a minimum score of learning 12, reading 13, writing 21 and speaking 23 and an overall of 93 +
- PTE academic with a minimum score of 50 in learning, reading and writing along with 65 in speaking and an overall of 65 marks
Skills required by ACS for ANZSCO 135199 for ICT Manager NEC:
The powers that have to be showcased in the RPL for ICT Manager to fulfil the requirements of the ACS for the ANSZSCO 135199 ICT Manager NEC is quite extensive. It requires the ICT manages to be professionals in handling clients’ issues and able to analyse them and provide the optimum solution for them. Also, they need to use the existing resources of the organization effectively and to procure necessary computer hardware and software for future developments proactively.
The following are the operational skills required by ICT Managers NEC 135199:
- To communicate effectively and accordingly with clients, staff and management for the successful operation and development of the organization
- Should have thorough team building skills
- Experience and ability to manage small and big projects
- Equipped with collaborative skills to meet the demands and requirements from all concerned
- Should possess reasoning skills and critical thinking
- Problem-solving and proper decision-making skills even during any vital situations
ACS specifies necessary skills and in-depth knowledge of the following for ANZSCO 135199 ICT Manager NEC:
- Administration and Management of Projects
- Software Engineering
- Software Quality Management
- Business Intelligence
- Business System Planning
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Risk Management
- Project Planning
- Computer Science
- Expert Systems
- Information Systems
- Information Security
- Software Testing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Algorithms
There are also other skill level specializations as per the requirement of ACS:
- IT Service Delivery Manager
- IT Network Manager
These two specialized occupations are on the following skill lists:
Combined Skilled Occupations list of
- STSOL – Short Term Skilled Occupation List
- MLTSSL – Medium- and Long-Term Strategic Skill List
- RSMSL – Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme List
Featuring in these occupation lists the aspiring engineers can apply for a skilled nominated 190 visa or a skilled regional nominated 489 visa.
Related Link : RPL Writing Services for ACS Australia